Saturday 28 January 2012

1 Million Kilos Challenge






Today I signed up for the 1 Million Kilos Challenge by Channel Ten. So far 1,231,053 kilos have been pledged to be lost by people all around Australia. I think this is a great initiative for Australia seeing as we are quickly climbing the ladder of obesity. The challenge runs for ten weeks and procides an online account to all participants where they have a diary, shwoing their starting weith, current weight and goal weight + other details. Each individual is also given a menu plan and an excercise schedule that relates to their weight and level of fitness.

I have pledged to lose 8 kilos in ten weeks. I think this will be a challenge for me but I am hoping that with the online structure I have for my meals and excercise and the motivation of being part of a nation wide movement, I will acheive what I want.  As well as pledging to lose the 8 kilos I have set up an online donation page through everydayhero.com to rasie $100 for MS Tasmania. I am hoping that people will see what I am doing and sponser me through donating to this appeal.

2 comments:

  1. Good stuff Hannah, great initiative. Robyn is doing the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah i know x Robyn actually inspired me :P

    ReplyDelete